Student of the Week: Alex Wallin

The Virtual Student of the Week is Alex Wallin.  Alex is a sophomore nominated by Ms. Robinette (Science Teacher).  A record breaking 86 nominations were submitted for Student of the Week, but Ms. Robinette said Alex deserved the award.  She commented, “Alex is doing great in virtual learning. He is getting all of his work turned in on time!” Alex is enjoying online learning with the option of sleeping in and working at his own pace, he feels more energized.  His advice to students who are struggling with online learning is to email teachers and ask questions when confused.  Alex’s goal is to attend college.  He isn’t definitive on a career or an area of study, but for now his favorite subject area is history.  Alex is inspired by his role model, his father.  “My dad is a good person and I want to model my life after him.  He has a lot of wisdom to offer.” 

Before the pandemic, Alex was the forward on the travel hockey team.  He practices his stick handling in the basement at home for now.  During his free time, Alex enjoys video games and fishing.  He fishes off trails along the Monocacy River and a pond in Middletown.  He recommends the television shows Burn Notice and Psych.  When the pandemic ends and restrictions are lifted, Alex is really looking forward to getting back in the rink for hockey and hanging out with his friends.