Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Man shot and killed estranged wife at Giant grocery store in Frederick County

Photo attributed by Frederick County Sheriffs Office
Photo attributed by Frederick County Sheriff’s Office

A 33-year-old man has been arrested for shooting and killing his wife outside a Giant grocery store on Saturday night in Urbana, Md.

Jan. 6, Frederick County deputies responded to a report of a shooting around 11 p.m. in a shopping center off of Sugarloaf Parkway in Urbana. 

A woman identified as 33-year-old Tenisha Butler was found dead in the parking lot as she had been just shot by her estranged husband, Frederick Owusu Sakyi. 

According to detectives, the two had been going through a divorce with Butler having an active protective order filed against Sakyi. Accusations of stalking by Sakyi were found as well. 

Todd Wivell, with the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office, told FOX 5, “As any law enforcement agency, it is our job to serve the protective order, or peace order, but there is no way for us to constantly monitor that person and how they go about getting a weapon.” 

That being said, deputies found Sakyi was in possession of a handgun and an assault rifle which he was not permitted to have due to the protective order against him.

Sakyi was taken to the Frederick County Adult Detention Center for booking after being tracked down in Walkersville, Md. He was arrested immediately without any trouble or incident.