Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Ravens fall short as Kansas City moves on to the Super Bowl

On Sunday Jan 28 at 3:00 p.m. the Baltimore Ravens Played at M&T Bank Stadium against the Kansas CIty Chiefs for the AFC Championship. The Chiefs won 17-10 in a very close game to advance to Super Bowl LVlll in Las Vegas.

The Ravens were led by their star quarterback Lamar Jackson who had a MVP-worthy season. However, the Chiefs kept proving the world wrong and proved to betoo much for the Ravens, winning the game 17-10 to advance to  Super Bowl LVlll against the 49ers in Las Vegas on Feb 3. The game starts out with a touchdown pass from Patrick Mahomes to Travis Kelce in the first quarter. The Chiefs then extended their lead with a touchdown run by Isaiah Pacheco. The Ravens tried to make a comeback but the Chiefs defense was too strong for the electric Ravens offense by just holding the Ravens to 10 points all game. 

Picture from: WSPA News (Alex Brandon)

After the game Coach John Harbuagh was asked about the Ravens season as it came to end and he said, “I feel like it was a team that had a lot of challenges. I don’t think it was a team that was too highly touted coming into the season by the pundits and the prognosticators and all that, and I think they proved a lot of people wrong, all year,” he said. “The quarterback made a statement all year.”  

Lamar was then asked his thoughts on the game. “I’m proud of all my brothers,” Jackson wrote. “We were the 8-9 Ravens but fell a game short to the former champs. Hats off to them.” 

Now with that win for the Kansas City Chiefs they will go on to their 4th super bowl in just 5 seasons. Not only that, but they look to go back-to-back champs for the first time since the ‘04 and ‘05 New England Patriots!!

David Tulis

For the Ravens, their historic season comes to an end as now they look forward to the offseason and plan to grow from  this loss and build back up for next season.

View Comments (1)