From Frederick to Pittsburgh, This Pizzeria Bleeds Black and Gold

Alyssa Husband, Contributor

Located at 934 N East St, in Frederick, Bellisario’s Pizza is a family owned restaurant with sites here in Frederick and in Pittsburgh, Penn.; the Bellisario family’s hometown. The owner of the Frederick site, Nikki Bellisario, began working at her family’s business in Pittsburgh when she was just 11 years old. In 1987, she moved to Maryland, where in June of 2000, she opened Bellisario’s Pizza in Frederick, continuing to use the same recipes that her mother taught her at the original restaurant. Everything inside the Frederick pizzeria is black and gold, representing Bellisario’s Pittsburgh origins.

With unchanging recipes, fresh sauce and dough made in-house daily, and a prime location on the busy N East St close to urban Downtown Frederick, Bellisario’s Pizza attracts customers from all throughout Frederick County. Though there is limited seating inside, guests can take advantage of the call-ahead and carry-out features and still enjoy the same warm, delicious pizza that has the best dough you will ever taste. While Bellisario’s Pizza does have some of Frederick’s best pizza, they also have other delicious items like calzones, hoagies, wedgies, and fried dough balls. With something for everyone, Bellisario’s is the perfect place to grab dinner on a Saturday night or after a Friday night football game.

Former Tuscarora student and class of 2019 graduate, Anthony Husband, explains why he enjoys Bellisario’s and what exactly separates it from other pizza restaurants. “Every time you go it always tastes exactly the same…” he says. “You never have to worry about if it’s going to taste different…it always has the best quality constantly.” When consistency and reliability are things that customers do not have to worry about, they continue to return to one of the best pizza restaurants in Frederick.