Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Bill Belichick: End of an Era

Bill Belichick: End of an Era

On Thursday morning the New England Patriots released a statement saying that they will be hosting a press conference live at 12 p.m EST. 

Bill Belichick and the Patriots have parted ways. Ending a dynasty, Belichick and the Patriots went 266-121 in the regular season and 30-12 in the postseason. Belichick made it to nine Super Bowls while winning six of them.They had a stretch of 17 division championships in 19 seasons. We might never see another NFL coach put together a two-decade spell like his again.

“This is a move that we mutually agreed that is needed at this time,” Kraft said. “What Bill accomplished, in my opinion, will never be duplicated.” Owner Robert Kraft called Belichick the greatest coach of all time who deserved to be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. 

Belichick in his farewell speech said thank you to all of the fans. For many fans it will be difficult to see him on another sideline wearing a cutoff hoodie. This was also stated by Kraft: “It’ll be difficult to see him in a cutoff hoodie on the sideline, but I’ll always wish him continued success, except when it’s against the beloved Patriots.”

The Patriots will now be on the hunt for a new coach for the first time in 24 seasons. Sources say that the Patriots’ linebackers coach Jerod Mayo, whom the team signed to a contract extension in the offseason, and Kraft has identified as a rising head-coaching candidate, projects to be a, if not the, leading candidate for the job. 

Thank you Belichick for being one of the best Patriots coaches of all time.  

Sources: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39285303/bill-belichick-leaving-patriots-24-seasons-sources-say

Picture:

Boston.com