Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

2024 Scholastic Art Awards Winners!

The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards is the nation’s longest-running and most prestigious creative teen recognition program for students in grades 7–12. This year there were a total of 3,626 submissions from over 2,738 students in 2,058 Maryland schools. Submissions are juried by luminaries in the visual and literary arts, some of whom are past award recipients. Panelists look for works that best exemplify originality, technical skill, and the emergence of a personal voice or vision.

Congratulations to these very talented THS Art and Design students on their accomplishments this year in the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards!

Gold Key Winner

Gold Keys are the highest level of achievement on the regional level. Approximately 7 – 10% of all regional submissions are recognized with Gold Key Awards and are considered for national-level recognition.

Rasheah Genies,  “Goddess of Nature”,  Digital Art – GOLD KEY AWARD

2024 Gold Key Award

Silver Key Winner

Approximately 10 – 15% of all regional submissions are recognized with Silver Key Awards.

Josie Breeden, “Staring At The Sea”, Digital Art – SILVER KEY AWARD

Josie Breedan, Silver Key Award

Honorable Mentions

Approximately 15 – 20% of all regional submissions receive Honorable Mention Awards.

Zoe Davis, Honorable Mention

Zoe Davis, “The Sunflower and the Orchid”, – Acrylic Painting- HONORABLE MENTION