Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Pennsylvania Man Charged with Murder of Maryland Photographer

On Sept. 6, Pennsylvanian man Brandon Holbrook was charged with the murder of Maryland photographer Joseph Anthony Shymansk.

Holbrook, the man allegedly responsible for the murder of Shymanski, was charged with first-degree murder, second-degree murder and first-degree assault. Family members reported that Shymanski was last seen Sept. 3 around 4 p.m. Once the report of Shymanski’s disappearance was given, the police followed through with thorough investigation and began the search for Shymanski. 

During the police’s investigation, they were able to declare Holbrook a suspect. After Holbrook was suspected, the Criminal Investigative Bureau issued several search warrants against him in order to further their investigation. The CIB then traveled to Reedsville in order to execute said warrants. It is unknown exactly what investigators were able to find from the warrants, but on Sept. 7 a body was found. 

Mifflin County Chief of Police said, “Human remains were found in the wooded area of Honeybrook,” which is within several hundred yards of Holbrook’s residence. Investigators are currently running a DNA test on the body in order to identify who the remains belong to. Investigators believe that Shymanski had been killed and therefore suspect that the remains belong to him, however it won’t be confirmed until the DNA test is done.

Investigators are still working on discovering the truth about Shymanski’s disappearance and whether or not he is dead or alive. So far Holbrook remains the only suspect of the case and was also confirmed to be the significant other of Shymanski’s ex-wife. There is not much information out on the case, but as the case develops more information will be released. 

Joseph Anthony Shynmanski
Photo from Calvert County Sheriff’s Office

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/pennsylvania-man-charged-with-murder-after-maryland-photographer-disappears/3418400/

https://www.wtaj.com/news/regional-news/pennsylvania-man-accused-of-murdering-missing-maryland-man/

https://www.dcnewsnow.com/news/local-news/maryland/calvert-county/man-arrested-charged-with-murder-of-missing-dc-area-photographer-from-calvert-county/