Swim meet recap: Frederick vs. Tuscarora at Middletown High School

Photo taken by Cameron Lee

At 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 13, the Tuscarora Titans Swim & Dive team faced the Frederick Cadets at Middletown High School for their second meet of the season. After many great races from swimmers on both sides, the Tuscarora boys won 122-47 while the Tuscarora girls lost 97-82.

The second meet of the season began like any other, with the 200 yard medley relay as the first event. Freshman Luca Cagliero participated in the seventh event, the 50 yard freestyle.

“[The meet] went well and I’m very proud of both of our teams for trying very hard,” said Cagliero.

This new season marks the largest Tuscarora boys’ swim team in 12 years, according to Coach Matt Ginalick. Twenty-seven boy swimmers in all is a welcome surprise for Tuscarora, who has struggled to find boy swimmers in the past.

The girls’ swim team, on the other hand, is looking for new recruits, as their team is smaller than its usual size. If one is interested in joining the swim team, reach out to Ms. Cencula on Schoology.

After the meet, many swimmers were satisfied with the team’s lack of missed events–every swimmer was able to swim in each of their assigned races. Swim meets move very quickly so it’s easy for one to lose track of their events.

Tuscarora’s next swim meet is on Thursday, Dec. 21 at 6:00 p.m. The Titans will be going head to head with Gov. Thomas Johnson High School. We’re excited to see what the result will be, and wish them good luck.