Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

The Best Time of the Year

(Image source: Pexels)

It’s finally the holidays and who doesn’t like the holidays.  Personally, I love Christmas; time with family, good food, amazing music and last but not least, the presents.

Students and staff here at Tuscarora High don’t all celebrate like I do. Let’s see how others celebrate the holidays.

I have Pascal Enow here, a Christian. He is very religious and celebrates Christmas with his family.

He has very strong beliefs in Christmas and he knows it is his Lord and Savior’s birthday. He is very thankful for God in his life everyday and thanks him especially on Christmas Day.

The way his family celebrates is really wholesome; they like to spend time together, cook together, watch movies together and have fun in the moment. They do everything together and like to spend time with each other, a very loving family.

Enow’s favorite thing about Christmas is that we do not have school.

“Not having school gives me free time; time to rest and not think about school so it’s less stressful.”

Enow has a couple of ideas on what he wants for Christmas.

“I want peace, a new keyboard and a new graphics card for my PC.”

Enow does not have a real Christmas tree at home he has a green artificial tree.

Joshua Ames celebrates differently than us because he is not Christian or Catholic, he is Jewish.

His family has a really cool and unique way of celebrating Hanukkah, they don’t get the traditional food like ham or mac and cheese. 

“Normally we get Chinese food takeout and watch a movie.”

Ames favorite thing about the holidays is the snow winter brings and winter break. 

The Ames family does not have a real or fake tree they don’t put a tree up at all.

That is Joshua Ames for you.

Everyone celebrates the holidays differently, some like Pascal Enow do Christmas, then others like Joshua Ames do Hanukkah. One thing that brings us all together is the wonderful time with family the food even if we all eat different things we all have things in common when it comes to the joyful times of the holidays.

Have a great holiday break and spend time with family and enjoy your presents.