Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Maryland Terrapins vs. Northern Wildcats

On Tuesday, Dec. 12, the Maryland Terrapins women’s basketball team played against the Northwestern Wildcats, beating the Wildcats 71-58.

Terrapins Vs Wildcats (Maryland University)

The Terrapins opened the game scoring a strong 22 points in the first quarter while the Wildcats only scored 14, showing a promising game for the Terrapins.

However, the Wildcats managed to out-score the Terrapins in the second quarter. The Wildcats put up 19 points while the Terrapins only put up 14 in the second quarter. Only half the game had gone by and both teams could easily take the lead depending on the next two quarters. 

In the third quarter the Terrapins put up  20 points while the Wildcats put up six points. 

In the fourth quarter  the Wildcats out-scored the Terrapins, with the fourth quarter’s score being 19 – 15. Despite the fact that the Wildcats scored more in the fourth quarter the Terrapins out-scored the Wildcats overall. 

Both teams played well, but the Terrapin’s key to success was their defense. Their defense allowed them to hold themselves against the Wildcats, which in the end allowed them to win the game. 

Shyanne Sellers, a hardworking player on the Terrapins spoke about her mentality on defense, “It started my freshman year. I was coming in with a lot of All-Americans on the team; Katie Benzan led the country in three-point percentage, so I had to find a way to get on the court. I needed to set the tone on defense and it has been my motto and identity ever since.”

As for the Terrapin’s next steps, they plan to continue working hard in order to better their skills both as individuals and as a team in order to continue their winning streak during their upcoming games.

https://umterps.com/news/2023/12/10/womens-basketball-maryland-northwestern-wbb 

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/game/_/gameId/401601503