Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

On this Day: Vogue Editor-in-Chief Turns 74

Nov. 3, 2023

On this day 74 years ago, British media executive Anna Wintour was born in London, England. Most widely known for her cold demeanor as well as her position as Vogue magazine’s editor-in-chief; Wintour has sustained her role as one of the most influential individuals in the fashion industry.

Credited with changing the game at Vogue, Wintour introduced covers featuring prominent figures, rather than just models. From Hilary Clinton to Angelina Jolie, Vogue was now promoting noteworthy, prestigious women, thanks to Wintour. Education site, Britannica, expands on Wintours strong impact writing, “[She] was instrumental in bolstering the careers of numerous prominent fashion professionals…”

Beginning her Vogue career in 1988, Wintour succeeded previous editor-in-chief, Grace Mirabella. Mirabella went on to create her own publication: Mirabella magazine, which failed in gaining the same praise as Vogue under Wintours rule and ceased after just 11 years of publishing.

Aside from her impact on the fashion industry, Wintour was also the subject of quintessential pop-culture movie, “The Devil Wears Prada” directed by David Frankel. Released in 2006, “The Devil Wears Prada” features Meryl Strep playing Wintour’s fictional counterpart, Miranda Priestly.

Wintour’s extreme effect on the fashion industry, media and pop-culture as a whole is undeniable; therefore, it is only imperative that she is wished the happiest of birthdays as she turns 74. Happy birthday Anna Wintour!

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Anna-Wintour

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=579179295&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS1069&q=anna+wintour&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwizyobvqKiCAxUrLFkFHZ4dDsEQ0pQJegQICxAB&biw=1470&bih=803&dpr=2&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=vLtOLUy9IcCe6M