Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

“I’m Bruised But Not Broken”: Helping Domestic Abuse Victims

Im Bruised But Not Broken CEO Alica Stukes
WTOP
“I’m Bruised But Not Broken” CEO Alica Stukes

“I’m Bruised But Not Broken” is providing resources to help people fight against domestic abuse during the month of October. 

October is Domestic Abuse Awareness Month. In order to show support to victims, the Prince George’s County organization “I’m Bruised But Not Broken”, a domestic abuse organization, hosted an event to help survivors. 

The event “Love Me Some Me” was hosted on Oct. 14 in order to provide support and care for survivors. “I’m Bruised But Not Broken” worked with the Cottage City Police Department in order to host the event. Those in attendance received manicures, makeovers and a financial literacy kit along with lunch. Benefits aside, the main purpose of the event was to show love and support to survivors. 

Alicia Stukes, founder and CEO of “I’m Bruised But Not Broken” as well as a survivor of domestic abuse stated, “One of the things they didn’t experience as a result of domestic violence was love.”

The goal of Stukes’ organization is to provide resources and support while creating a community for victims and survivors. The organization advocates for survivors while providing support in helping them recover both mentally and financially. 

“Love Me Some Me” is just one of the many ways that “I’m Bruised But Not Broken” has used their organization in order to help domestic violence victims and show support. “I’m Bruised But Not Broken” has hosted many events in the past and plans to continue hosting events in order to provide a community and to make life just a little bit easier for victims and survivors. 

“I’m Bruised But Not Broken” CEO Alica Stukes (Image source: WTOP)

Prince George’s Co. organization to host event aiding domestic violence victims