Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Tuscarora Soccer Players on the Come Up

Jacob Brinkley and Adrial Rosales are soccer players for Tuscarora High School. They both love this sport.

Brinkley has been playing soccer for seven years and has been playing CAM throughout those years he got into it because his brothers played around him growing up and he got really interested in it.

When I asked him if he plans to play college after high school he told me, “Hopefully I can go D1. That is the main goal.”

Brinkley is a very independent player who pushes himself to do better and perform great every game and to motivate himself he hypes himself up and energizes himself to get on that field and put on a show.

I talked to him about how he feels about this season and how he feels about the performance of the games. He states that “We had a rough start but we are stepping it up and doing very well now.”

Brinkley is very proud of his play time this year as he starts every game and rarely gets taken out. He is also very confident as he says “I start every game and I rarely get taken off so I’d say I’m doing good. I don’t see the bench.”

Rosales had a different path to these answers as he does not play the same position.

Rosales plays goalie and has been playing for two years now. He got into soccer by his friends pushing him to join.

Rosales had a different approach to if he wanted to play in college, “I have to see how high school goes first.”

The one person who pushes him the most is his goalie coach Miggs.

How Rosales said he motivates himself for the games is: “You just have to make it seem like the other team sucks and intimidate them.”

He is also proud of his playtime that he gets. “Every time I get put in I’m not scored on so I think I’m doing pretty good.”

These two players did have something in common to say. They both really love the team and enjoy playing with them and they both love the same thing about soccer.

Their favorite thing about soccer over the games and playtime they both love winning. They got that winning mindset that every game they don’t see failure they only see them leaving the field with a win into the record.

These Tuscarora soccer players are on the come up watch out for them at the games.

Picture taken by Otto Escobedo