Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Spotlight on Tiara Day: Downtown Frederick’s premiere boutique

In the heart of Downtown Frederick lies a quaint, dainty boutique: Tiara Day. Touted as “the place where girlfriends shop,” Tiara Day is the pinnacle of femininity.

Established in 2006 by owner Maria Peck, the story of Tiara Day originally began in Kensington, Maryland. It wasn’t until 2009, though, that Peck packed up her unique store and moved to historic Downtown Frederick. Peck has ventured around the globe handpicking vintage items specifically to curate the perfect collection for her dream boutique, visiting amazing countries such as Paris and Japan. Featuring a vast selection of tiaras and vintage jewelry, Tiara Day is the quintessential place for all things unique.

Tiara Day thrived for years in its former location, but unfortunately the building was destroyed on Aug. 24, 2022 in a fire on the corner of Market and Second Street. Along with its next-door neighbor to the left, The Record Exchange, Frederick’s premiere record store, Tiara Day was forced to relocate from its home for 13 years. However, the not-so-minor setback failed in its attempt to put Tiara Day to an end. Peck, as written on Tiara Day’s website, “kept her faith that she would end up where she was supposed to and on July 29, 2023 she opened a newly reimagined Tiara Day just six doors down at 141 N. Market St.”

Making a name for itself in the Frederick community, Tiara Day has charmed the Tuscarora community as well. A junior at Tuscarora, Aubree Robey, explained her affinity for the unique aura of Tiara Day, saying, “The creepy dolls add a cool effect to the place.”

Although Tiara Day has been reopened for some time now, Peck is soon hosting a ‘Grand Reopening Celebration’ on Nov. 4 from 10 a.m.to 8 p.m. Attendance from Frederick residents is highly encouraged. With benefits including complimentary beverages, sweet treats, and raffle prizes, the grand reopening is sure to be as wonderful an experience as walking into the boutique.

https://www.tiaraday.com/