Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Urgent Action Needed:Government’s Role in Addressing Climate Change

In the past century, the average surface temperature of the earth has increased by one degree Fahrenheit.

The EPA’s report provides compelling evidence of climate change, revealing rising global temperatures, melting ice caps, and extreme weather events. These changes have far-reaching consequences for ecosystems, human health, and the economy. It is crucial for the government to acknowledge and address these impacts.

Environmental and Health Implications:

Climate change poses significant threats to our environment and public health. Increased air pollution, water scarcity, and the spread of diseases are some of the consequences. By taking climate change seriously, the government can implement policies to mitigate these risks and protect both the environment and human well-being.Between 1958 and 2012, the northeastern United States saw a more than 70 percent increase in the amount of rainfall measured during heavy precipitation events.

Economic Consequences:

The economic implications of climate change cannot be ignored. The EPA’s report emphasizes the potential for substantial economic losses due to extreme weather events, agricultural disruptions, and rising sea levels. By investing in sustainable practices and transitioning to a low-carbon economy, the government can not only mitigate these losses but also create new job opportunities and foster innovation.

International Responsibility:

Climate change is a global issue that requires international cooperation. By taking a proactive stance, the government can lead by example and encourage other nations to prioritize climate action. Through diplomatic efforts and participation in international agreements, the government can contribute to a collective effort to fight climate change.

Opinions from other people:

Charles Barnes said, ¨Climate change is going to destroy the world at some point.¨

Austin Flook said, ¨It gets worse overtime.¨

Conclusion:

The impacts of climate change are undeniable, and the government must act more seriously to address this urgent issue. Let us urge our government to prioritize climate action and work towards a sustainable future for all. Together, we can make a difference.

Images:

https://www.noaa.gov/education/resource-collections/climate/climate-change-impacts

https://climateknowledgeportal.worldbank.org/overview