Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Baltimore Orioles clinch 2023 AL East title with their 100th win of the season

On Thursday night at Camden yards, the Baltimore Orioles secured a playoff spot for the first time since 2016. This is the first time since 2014 that the Orioles have won 100 games in the regular season. 

The Orioles had won the game early on in the first inning when right fielder Anthony Santander hit a 93 mph pitch to left field. The game became pretty even until the eighth inning when Heston Kjerstand, who played his 10th career big league game, dropped a base hit to advance runner Adam Frazier home, putting the Orioles up by two. 

Center fielder Austin Hays said, “We had to battle… but here we are. We did it,” referring to the Orioles breaking season after two years of losing a total of 110 games. 

Before fully gaining the win against the Boston Red Socks, there was a message displayed on the scoreboard.

Recently there has been news flying in the air about the Orioles possibly moving and creating a new stadium. Before the ninth inning, however, the scoreboard confirmed that the Orioles will continue playing at Camden Yards for the next 30+ years. 

Camden Yards was ecstatic before the 100th win was even won. But Frazier says it best: “Everybody picked us last to start the year. Nobody believed in us.” The Baltimore Orioles are the MLB’s underdogs, but they’re starting to change the narrative.

As center fielder Austin Hays says, “We’re not done yet,” and the Orioles are certainly proving that. 

Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Image