Winter Sports: It may be March but many winter athletes are still competing

Steven Asare, Sports Writer

The Girls track team had their state tournament on March 19th. Senior runner Dardlie Lafevre set her own Pr and won her first state title in Maryland 3A. Her time was 40.29. Their season is now over but many of the winter track athletes are also planning to come back for outdoor track including Dardlie. Coach Baab is the winter sand spring track coach and he’s very optimistic about the upcoming season. 

The Boys Basketball team will be facing Frederick High School on March 1st in the opening round of playoffs. Tuscarora is coming off a final regular season victory against Reservoir High School where Trumaine Strickland scored his 1000th career point. They finished their season 11-11 and entered as fifth seed. The winner of the game will go on to play Thomas Johnson High School. 

For the Girls swimming and diving team to Sophia Routzahn got on the podium 7th place for 100 freestyle and finished 2nd overall 100 Breaststroke at States. They had a great year as a team and have a lot of potential in the future with the amount of talented freshman swimmers who came out this year and are expected to return. 

The Wrestling team will be competing in the state tournament will be on march 1st and march 2nd. Kooper Clark (4th), Alex Westbrook (3rd) & Andrew Chavarria (2nd) will be advancing to the State Finals. Conner Herron also did well but lost a match which knocked him out of the tournament.