Must See Movies on Netflix

Cassidy Farmer, Writer

Cold weather is right around the corner! A great way to stay warm is curl up with a fuzzy blanket and watch a movie! You may be asking yourself, “What am I going to watch?” I am here to help you decide! With these movie recommendations, you will never need to scroll through Netflix for hours trying to decide what you are going to watch. All of these movies are available on Netflix currently.

If you love teen rom-coms then movies like “Sierra Burgess is a Loser” and “Kiss & Cry” might be for you. “Sierra Burgess is a Loser” is about a teen, Sierra, who falls for a guy, Jamey, she is talking to, but he has no idea it is her. Jamey believes that he is talking to a popular cheerleader, when he is actually talking to a girl named Sierra who is a “nobody”. “Kiss & Cry” is based on the true story of Carley Allison. The teen figure skater is diagnosed with a rare type of throat cancer, but a boy named John helps her through her journey. This movie shares their love story along the way.

“The Breakfast Club” and “Steel Magnolias” are great examples of timeless movies. “The Breakfast Club”, starring Molly Ringwald, is about high school students who are given detention on a Saturday. They bond together and find ways to make the day entertaining. “Steel Magnolias” is based in a southern town where Shelby is preparing for her wedding when her diabetes becomes a big issue. She is told that she cannot have kids because she is too weak, but she takes the chance.

“The Sixth Sense” and “Donnie Darko” are creepy movies that will leave you shocked. “The Sixth Sense”, starring Bruce Willis, is about a therapist who is working with a little boy who sees things that others don’t. This movie ends in a major plot twist and is on the top of my movie recommendations. “Donnie Darko” will leave you questioning what exactly you just watched. There is a character named Frank who is a sort of spiritual guide to Donnie. Donnie suffers from schizophrenia and this movie shows what is going on in his world, from his point of view.