We Believe!!!

We Believe!!!

Kallin Hughes, Writer

This year’s Titan basketball team has been one of the best teams to come out of Tuscarora since the 2012 team that went all the way to Comcast. All season long the Titans have battled through the underdog label and they have proven themselves, time and time again, as one of the best teams in Maryland. The Titans started the playoffs against North Hagerstown, a game that would end up being a pretty easy win for the Titans. As they continued on to the semis they were up against a very good Linganore team. This past Wednesday Tuscarora traveled to Linganore to face off in a much anticipated game.

Both teams battled back and fourth, by the end of the first half the Lancers led 22-21 against the Titans. As the second half began, Tuscarora came out strong as they would take the lead and finish the third quarter with a lead of 39-28. When the fourth quarter began the Titans had one goal, hold the ball for as long as possible and let the clock run out. The Lancers had no choice but to foul, unfortunately for the Lancers, the Titans weren’t missing from the free throw line. The Titans would go on to win the game in impressive style with a 45-58 victory.

Tuscaroras Rhashad Johnson lit up the court as he led the team with a high of 20 points, this would also be Johnson’s highest scoring game. Jaylen Washington, one of Tuscarora’s starting five also would impact the game heavily finishing with 16 points. Other honorable players to mention that helped bring the Titans to victory include John Chaney with 12 points and Isaiah Tillman the big man who added 10 points to the game.

Tonight the Titans travel to Seneca Valley High School, the last leg of the playoffs before Comcast. The Titans go into this game not only believing that they will win but that they will also win States. After already beating the Eagles the Titans feel confident, with a rowdy student section that will be traveling to the game, the Titans believe that anything is possible at this point and that includes bringing home a State win for the Tuscarora family.