Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Do Philly fans take it too far?

Philadelphia fans know they take things too far and that they are the number one hated fan base. The jingle created by Eagles fans “No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care. No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care,” clearly states that the fan base knows other people’s opinions.

Could this mean that the Philly fan base is unified in their disregard for other teams? Sure they are (no matter how bad they might be) …. but do they take it too far? 

According to Bleacher report, “Over the years, Philadelphia fans have booed Santa Claus, their own star players and, most absurdly, the recipient of America’s very first hand transplant, whose crime was dribbling in a ceremonial first pitch—thrown with his freshly transplanted hand […] Things reached their nadir last season, when Citizens Bank Park played host to arguably the most heinous incident in the history of sports: A drunken fan intentionally vomited on an 11-year-old girl.” 

This is all from a fan’s viewpoint. Let’s see what cowboys player Jason Peters has to say about playing with the disruption of Eagles fans. Peters stated, “They pride themselves on being nasty, vulgar… They’re going to cuss at you. They going to throw stuff. They pride themselves on that, so they know that. Philly fans are the wildest fans out there to me.” That’s just the thoughts of one NFL player. Imagine if we went and asked every single one. 

Philly fans make attending a game not worth your money. Sportsmanship? Philly fans do not have any. If you aren’t a Philly fan, save your money and watch the game from home.

Image: Bill Streicher USA Today Sports