College Spotlight: UCLA

College Spotlight: UCLA

Emma Taylor, Contributor

UCLA, the University of California Los Angeles is a 4-year public research grant University, established in 1881 starting out as only a teachers college. UCLA is a decently diverse public university, 53.3% women, and 44.7% men. Not only in gender there is a diverse racial and ethnic standing at this university, 28% White, 25.1% Asain, 19.7% Hispanic, and 15.3% International. This university is always packed with events. This week starting Thursday (9-22) fall semester classes began their classes, welcoming them with the New Graduate Student Welcome on Thursday, 4-7pm at Wilson Plaza. In the aspect of sports also on Thursday, Women’s Volleyball faces off against their rivals USC 7pm at Pauley Pavillion. To end a short but busy week, UCLA is hosting a Spirit Day! Basically just wear your Bruin Gear Day! Also UCLA is the #1 Public University in the U.S. News Ratings for six straight years! Total enrollment numbers are big and high, but don’t let that scare you from joining the thousands of friends you’ll make at this school.UCLA’s big mission as a great public research university is the creation, distribution, preservation and the application of knowledge for the better of our society. UCLA is a very highly populated and educated school, focused on being open minded, and open hearted, as one of the top, 4-year public universities.