Tuscarora High School Football

Soleil Rivera, Contributor

Tuscarora High School Varsity Football Team 2022
Photo credit: Frederick News Post

This past Friday on the 2nd was Tuscarora’s first football game against Middletown HS on their field. We tragically lost 48-0 but the support of our student section was a victory in itself. This Friday will be the Titans first home game against Meade HS and the student section is ready to rumble and chant once more! Victoria Beard Fuentes (10) exclaimed, “I think we have potential for this week’s game, and I’m very excited to go and show out for my school spirit!”  According to Football preview: Titans’ prospects it says “So far in 2022, Tuscarora’s prospects are looking a bit better. The squad is up to 36 varsity athletes after having just 22 last season.” #14 on Varsity, Davin Cruz (10) concludes, “Since they’re so many people on the varsity team, we can communicate better, hold each other accountable, and set guidelines for ourselves. I think we’re going to have a better season than last year. Although we lost our first game, I think we could have way more potential for the rest of the season” in regards to seeing a better turnout of wins this season. As the team works on their relationships amongst themselves, victories for the Titans will start rolling in more frequently! With Friday being our first home game , let’s hope everyone shows out, and we have a live student section to cheer the team up from the loss they managed last week. Food and drinks will also be provided.