Spring Musical: The Little Mermaid… An inside scoop.

Grace Marshall, Writer

Attention Titans! The spring musical is coming soon!

This year the Drama Department is performing the classic Disney tale:  The Little Mermaid. Given the impressive history of Tuscarora performing arts department, it will surely be amazing. Opening night will be April 7th at 7pm in the THS Auditorium. The following day will also feature a 7pm show, and on April 9th will, a 1pm matinee will be scheduled with a final 7pm performance scheduled for later that day. The D-wing is dedicated to providing our community with magical nights filled with fun and music performed by some extremely talented Titans.

Auditions were held in December and a fabulous cast has been compiled featuring Cali Cammarata as the lead role of Ariel. When asked how she reacted when she found out, she said she was “extremely excited” as Ariel has been her “dream role ever since she was a little girl.” She grew up singing her songs and added that she deeply admires the character for “[not being] afraid of getting out of her comfort zone and going someplace new.” It will be exciting to watch Cali, a relative newcomer to the D wing, bring Ariel to life.

While the end-result will be awesome, the cast will have to put in very long days for the next few months to prepare. Cammarata explained that “initially, it’s a lot to handle, but once we get into a routine it becomes a lot easier as we are all working towards a common goal – to make the show the absolute best it can be!” Clearly these students are willing to work hard for not only our entertainment, but also to make memories and embrace the entire experience of putting on a live dramatic and musical performance. The Titans involved in these productions are passionate about musical theater and that determination and drive will help them to pull off The Little Mermaid with the expertise and polish we have all come to expect from our musical and dramatic productions.

Please consider coming out to support the THS drama programs here, they provide our community with such amazing live performances. If you are interested in the performing arts, consider getting involved with the THS D-wing, talk to your guidance counselor about the many different course offerings that the D-wing offers.