Several Titan sports teams remain undefeated!

Andrew Edwards, Newspaper Editor

Staying focused every game is one thing, but maintaining that focus from season start to end is another. Even though the fall sports season is only three weeks in, some teams have performed above and beyond. That is not to discredit the substantial effort that every athlete and team has displayed in practice and games, but specific groups should be recognized for their hot starts to the season. Boys and girls JV and varsity teams have shown great success thus far into the season. 

Boys soccer, as well as girl soccer, have gotten off to a blazing start. Both the varsity and JV squads have come together to create a memorable season thus far. The varsity boys soccer team has started off the season with three wins and zero losses. In those three wins, the boys have tallied a total of 12 goals while only surrendering 3. The JV squad has only played one game so far; however, they were able to come away with a win 5-3 against Middletown. The girl’s varsity team has gotten off to a roaring start. In their four games, the varsity girls have won all four games while scoring 16 goals while giving up a total of 0. The difference in score shows the tremendous amount of heart and passion displayed in each win.  The girl JV club is nothing to slouch at. They have also given up 0 goals in their only game thus far, winning the contest 4-0. Although it’s early in the season, titans have to be excited about the early success, with an eye on a trip to states. 

Although the soccer teams have impressed early, the golf team has gone under the radar with early success to their season. With wins in both of their matches, the golf team has to be optimistic about a chance to go far this season. After an impressive win to open the season against Catoctin and a close win against South Hagerstown, the team is riding high in preparation for their next match. 

Every team at Tuscarora has put in so much effort on and off the field. Each sport is thanked and recognized for its hard work and dedication each and every day. The soccer and golf teams have gone above and beyond to show everyone what they are capable of. The fall season will bring ups and downs, but the teams’ success thus far cannot go unrecognized. With many games and matches yet to be played, students and faculty at Tuscarora are excited at the possibilities these teams might bring this year.