Voices of Tuscarora question of the week: Are you feeling October???

Colin Lang, Senior Editor

The leaves are starting to change color and the cool, crisp air means one thing:  fall is upon us Tuscarora.  Halloween, pumpkin patches, and piles of leaves ready to be jumped in are all included in the fun festivities that come with the season.  Many titans were interviewed about topics that pertained to autumn.  When asked “What is your favorite thing about fall?” many responded that the cold weather and warmer apparel were their favorite things about the season.  Imani Nelson said that she was excited for what she called “sweatpants season.”  Other students said that the leaves changing color were their favorite thing.  Veronica Vazquez expressed her love for “everything pumpkin spiced.”

With Halloween right around the corner, kids are scrambling to figure out their Halloween costume to go trick-or-treating.  But when is one too old to go trick-or-treating?  Many students believed that there is no age limit.  Mrs. Nickles said that she’s had college students trick-or-treating at her house.  She expressed that “as long as they’re wearing a costume, who cares?”  Others believed that a more sensible age limit was around 17/18.  A few students interviewed answered that the age limit should be at around the age of 13.  The youngest answer we received was 12 years old, said by Phanta Fofana.

You can’t have Halloween without scary movies, and many titans had lots to say about their favorite horror movie.  Mikey Morehead responded that his favorite scary movie was “The Conjuring,” and others agreed.  Classic horror movies, like “Scream,” “The Shining,” and “Nightmare on Elm Street” made an appearance; however, more recent movies like “Get Out,” “The Nun,” and “It” were also mentioned.  Other students took the question to say their favorite Halloween movie in general.  Katie Ryan told us that her favorite movie was “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and another student said that their favorite movie was “Halloweentown.”

As you can see, the students of Tuscarora had a lot to say about the fall season.  It’s hard not to find something to enjoy about the cool weather and warm colors we see all around us.  From hayrides to pumpkin carving, try to enjoy the most of your fall titans!  Maybe try watching one of the horror movies mentioned or dressing up this year and go trick-or-treating.  No matter what it is, make the most of it, and most importantly, have fun!