Where Are They Now?!?! Interviews With Former Titans

Megan Forte, Editor/ Writer

Santina Craze 

Class of 2008

Santina in 2008

S.Craze Picture_now

Santina Now

1. What is your current profession?

I am a Program Coordinator for the Office of Student Engagement at Loyola University Maryland. My office is in charge of first-year orientation, class year programs, and leadership programs on campus.

2. What year did you graduate? Were you here for all four years of high school?

I graduated in 2008, and attended for all 4 years.

3. What do you remember most about Tuscarora High School? What were some of your favorite memories?

THS was only in its second year when I started so I’ll always remember how new and nice everything was (we were spoiled back then!). Some of my favorite memories were playing on the volleyball team, going to football and basketball games, our Senior Homecoming Powderpuff game, photo/yearbook class with Hartman, and spending time with friends.

4. Who were some of your favorite teachers? 

Obviously Mr. Hartman was one of my favorites, as was Mrs. Rowley. She always kept English class fun and entertaining (no matter how boring the subject).  To this day, I still think she is the nicest person I’ve ever met. She genuinely cares about her students and it comes across both in her teaching style and personality.

5. Were you a good student in high school?

Yeah, I think I was a good student.

6. When did you decide to go into your current profession?

Towards the end of my senior year in college. I always thought that I would be a forensic psychologist for the FBI but after working as an intern in the field my senior year, I realized that wasn’t where my passion lied anymore. Through working with the Event Services department at Loyola and participating in clubs like Student Government, I quickly realized that my true passion was actually event planning. About a month before graduation, I came across a posting for my position and applied. In my current position I get to plan many different events like orientation, social outings, and more.

7. If you attended college, what college (s) did you attend? What did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school?

I attended Loyola University Maryland from 2008 – 2012. I majored in Psychology and minored in Spanish. On top of working full-time, I’m currently studying part-time for my Master’s in Emerging Media (a Communications/PR degree with a focus in digital media). I plan to graduate this December.

8. What does a typical day consist of for you?

A typical day usually consists of meeting with students and/or administrators and staff, planning programs for our undergraduate students, supervising the four Creative Assistants (undergraduate students) in my office, attending any programs that my office might be hosting that day, and completing assignments for my graduate classes.

9. What sort of hobbies do you enjoy?

I enjoy spending time with friends and family, going to Orioles games, running, exploring Baltimore City, and cooking.

10. Based on your life experiences, what is one piece of advice you would give to a current Tuscarora student?

Be open to new opportunities and experiences. You may have a plan set for the rest of your life but new opportunities and experiences could lead you down a better path!