Rex’s Downtown Grill

Rex’s Downtown Grill is a new urban restaurant that’s been around for just six months. After hearing only good things about it, we had to try it for ourselves. You can find Rex’s in Downtown Frederick on East Patrick Street.

The friendly staff and classic food make for a casual dining experience. The retro and modern touches also give Rex’s an eclectic feel. Although at first glance it may seem small, there is an upstairs seating area that doubles the size of the establishment. With the second floor, unlike a lot of restaurants downtown, there is plenty of space to accommodate a large group. Rex’s great service makes it a priority to serve you your food in just ten minutes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

The food thatimage 3 we orimage 1dered, including wings, sandwiches and burgers was good. The portions are generous and the prices are very reasonable. A side is offered with each meal ranging from bacon cheddar fries to fresh fruits. Although the food was quick to arrive and fairly well priced, it didn’t blow us away. But with that being said, we wouldn’t hesitate to return. Thanks to the daily specials that are provided throughout the week, popular orders are offered at a less expensive price . On Tuesdays, you can get a burger, fries and a fountain drink for $10 while on Wednesdays kids eat free after 5.

Rex’s Downtown Grill is a good choice when you want to grab a bite. Overall, this has been our favorite restaurant we have reviewed.