Too Much Too Soon: Prom!!!

Too Much Too Soon: Prom!!!

Aubrey Sicat, Editor in Chief

It’s that time of the year again! Prom boutiques and bridal stores are filled with craziness as girls line along the fitting rooms trying to find THE dress; hair salons are being booked one after another, and boys enter Men’s Wearhouse looking to rent a tux still not knowing the difference between a corsage and a croissant. Restaurants are being reserved ahead of time and moms anxiously look for their cameras so they can capture the perfect picture. With so much to do and so little time left, everyone is cramming in planning time for a night to remember.

With Prom comes a lot of spending. Prom is very expensive. For underclassmen, FUNDRAISE! Without fundraising, prom tickets become expensive and the location of prom won’t be as perfect as you thought it would be. This 2016 Prom, tickets are around $60 per person. Imagine everything else you purchase for prom season: buying a dress or renting a tux, buying a corsage and a boutonniere, paying to get your hair or makeup done, and paying for dinner. This is why fundraising for your graduation class is very important.

Prom corsages
To all Seniors, remember this is your last high school dance event you will ever attend. Have fun and make it one to remember!!