The 2020 Spring Photography Competition goes virtual!

Richard Hartman, Adviser

UPDATE 4:52 p.m. Friday May 15th:

The technical issues have been resolved and the site is once again up an running.

UPDATE 3:09 p.m Friday, May 15th:

The gallery site is experiencing technical difficulties. So please choose the catalog pdf to view the images. We will update you as soon as the technical issues have been resolved.

Hello Titan Community,

My name is Mr. Hartman, I am the yearbook/newspaper adviser and I also teach the photography classes at Tuscarora. Twice every year I host a photography competition, one for my fall semester students and one for my spring semester students. Each student submits four or five pieces and then volunteer judges rank the images from one to five stars. The winning pieces are then printed, framed, and hung for display in our Media Center.

When quarantine began, it seemed that this tradition, like so many others, would be missed this year. My students kept making beautiful work, despite the challenges we were all facing. Their efforts inspired me, and I wanted to find a way to share these works with our community. The first attached link will direct you to a virtual gallery space that has been rented for the next three months. The second attached link is a catalog of the winning submissions.

I would like to thank our judges: Mr. Berry, Elizabeth Eckley, Caleb Spencer, Kimberly Hockman, Erin Brennan, and Samantha Czeh. Thank you for your time, your efforts, and your expertise in curating this exhibit. All of the judges, except for Mr. Berry, are former students of mine who are now photographic professionals. The judges ranked 165 submissions for this exhibit, with the highest ranked 45 pieces winning a spot on the virtual wall.

I would also like to thank my students. This has not been easy, but somehow, during all this uncertainty and chaos, my students have found beauty and they have made art.

It is with great honor, pride, and humility that I present to you the winning submissions for the 2020 Tuscarora High School Spring Photography Competition.

https://tinyurl.com/titanphoto

Photo_Show_Catalog