From Titan to Titan: Messages from our Seniors

Briana Queen, Writer

Dear Tuscarora High School, 

It took me a while to figure out how I would type out this letter. I didn’t want it to be sad but I also did not want to make a false persona or statement about this whole situation. For my whole 12 years of school, I never thought my last year of grade school would be this unique. No one did. I waited day after day for the notice that we’d return to school. I wanted so bad for my life to go back to normal. Ever since then, I have thought about all the opportunities I’ll never get back and the “senior stories” that I will never get to share. You may be expecting a “but” to that statement, however I truly do mean every word. I am not writing this to bring anyone down. I am writing this to be real. This pandemic was the last thing on anyone’s mind for 2020 and that’s okay.

I want to tell my fellow seniors one thing: we made it. We have leveled up and we are leaving our mark on this decade. Past the prom, past the ceremony, we have been able to gain the love and support of the world. I don’t want any of us to feel like our class is no longer important. We have not been looked over and we have not been ignored. All eyes are on us. Be proud and stand proud, my friends. We have made it and we are unique! To every student of Tuscarora who remains, try your best and work hard for what you want. Don’t take anything for granted. Hug your friends when you see them again and reflect on this crazy year thus far. To the teachers and staff of THS, thank you for trying your hardest during this pandemic and pushing through just like us. I am proud to be a Titan from right where I am. Thank you for teaching me so many skills that I will carry with me forever. Thank you. 

With love and thanks,

Briana Queen, signing off <3