Student of the Week: Jack LeBlanc

Lydia Kowalski, Freelance Contributor

Watch out Hollywood, Jack LeBlanc is coming.  Jack, a senior, is currently accepting the award of Student of the Week thanks to Mr. Putterman’s nomination.  Mr. Putterman explained, “Jack completed a project in which he built (from scratch) a shed for use for tennis/ softball and THS Athletics.  He put many hours into this effort, getting donations, plans and of course, building it.” The utilities shed is Jack’s Eagle Scout Project.  He knew the school needed a place to store materials because he is on the tennis team. Jack has been initiating service projects since 8th grade when he started the Backpack Buddies program to feed thousands of Frederick kids! Jack is also a member of the National Honor Society and lights up the school’s theatre productions as a member of the tech crew.  Jack found his true calling at CTC in the film program. He is aspiring to study cinematography and eventually direct movies. His favorite director is Jordan Peele and some of his favorite movies include Her, La La Land, and Into the Spider Verse.  If Jack has his way he would like to create movies in the horror genre.  Jack attributes much of his success to the support of his family. His advice to freshmen is to explore CTC  early.