Night Book Review

Olivia Cooper, Writer

The book Night was written by Elie Wiesel in 1956. Night is a true story about Wiesel’s experience in Auschwitz during the holocaust. It’s a pretty interesting book and it’s interesting to learn about the horrible things one experienced during that time.

Night is a very descriptive book, which kind of makes the beginning a bit boring. Though, it is a true story. Wiesel gets to the holocaust part of his story fairly quick. He tells about what he smelt when he first arrived, what it was like to be there. The more the book goes on, the more detailed he gets. He talks about the work he did, and the things people did there for food and such. He tells about one man who was so hungry, he put his face in a boiling pot of soup. He’s so descriptive with everything that it can almost make you feel like you’re there. Night is really interesting and pretty horrifying if you sit down and think about it. In this day and age it’s a lot harder to imagine something like the Holocaust, when you read a book like this it kind of gives you a taste into what it was like and how horrid it truly was.

Night is a really good book and I’d really recommend it. It’s a good look into the Holocaust and it shows what kind of things went on. As I said multiple times, Wiesel is very descriptive which just makes it even better. It’s nonfiction, which was also mentioned beforehand, and there’s probably a few exaggerations here and there, but it’s still a good read and informational. The things he talks about and the things he experienced are interesting to read and it can get to the point where you don’t want to put the book down, coming from someone who isn’t super keen on reading. I really do recommend Night, if I had to rate it out of 10, I’d rate it an 8.5.