FBLA Titans!

FBLA Titans!

Hannah Mueller, Senior Editor

Imagine being apart of a nationwide club with over 200,000 members all united by one thing; the love for business! The FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) is the home to these students that are passionate about bringing business and education together in a positive and productive relationship. Run by Mrs. Jorgensen, the club is alive and readying themselves to compete in the academic events that can result in trophies and/or cash prizes as well as make fundraisers to help them achieve their goals!

They currently have an upcoming fundraiser on January 24th at Roy Rogers where all you have to do is simply order food and say you’re from Tuscarora! It’s an easy way to support your school and with the money they raise from this fundraiser and future ones, they can ease competition fees and have the chance to go to nationals even, which will conveniently be held in Baltimore this year.

Speaking of their competitions, it is a grand opportunity to show your intellect. With multitudes of other schools competing, you do your best to succeed in whatever event you’re in. For example, two of these events are public speaking and creating a social media campaign, you will perform or present your hard work in front of judges and other competitors. Though if competition isn’t your thing, there is an online testing category that shows how you rank against other testers. Their closest event is on March 8th through the 10th and will be held at a convention over the course of two days where, as an added bonus, the event holders even feed you.

This is the first year in a while that Tuscarora is starting up the FBLA club and while there are normally more restrictions on who joins, one requirement is that the student has to have taken a business class, this year was more lenient and welcomed all who were interested!

Overall, we wish you luck you all luck in your events!