The Winner of The Pumpkin Painting Contest is…

Hannah Mueller, Senior Editor

As promised, we are happy to announce the winners of the pumpkin painting contest… Congratulations to Mrs. Seymour’s Latin Club!

The competition was a close one between the three clubs but between them all, Mr. Berry chose the Latin Club’s mythologically themed pumpkins as the winners. The other clubs, French and Spanish, were also phenomenal in their pumpkin paintings! The French Club portrayed a scene within their five pumpkins, their theme combining aspects of voodoo and the French revolution. While the Spanish Club had a multitude of themes for each individual pumpkin like Dios De Los Muertos and Running of the Bulls!

Yet, it was mythology that stole Mr. Berry’s heart and from seeing the pumpkins, it’s easy to tell why. All of the pumpkins, from each club, were a beautiful display of talent but Latin Club’s mythos-themed pumpkins fit so well with Halloween. And for their effort, they’ve won a trophy! One that now sits proudly in Mrs. Seymour’s classroom for her students and visitors to see when they come in, a true sign of victory! But, that may not be the class next year- this competition will now be an annual contest between the language clubs, with their members already planning the themes for next year.

As for French and Spanish Club, they may have gracefully accepted the loss, but they’re even more determined to claim victory for the Halloween Pumpkin Painting Contest of 2018! So, the competition may be even closer between the clubs. Either way, we wish them all luck and again, congratulations to Latin Club!

Spanish Club Pumpkins:

French Club Pumpkins: