In their own words: Who Would You Hire to Be Your Teacher?

Tom Wang - Fotolia

teacher asking question with children in classroom

Ethan Samet, Editor

As students have progressed throughout their years in school we’ve had all manners of different teachers. Some were good, some were bad, some we wish we could have had for the rest of our time in school and others not so much. So in that spirit I decided to ask a couple of students from around the school if they could choose anyone who they wish they could have as a teacher and why. Here are some the responses we got:

Devin Hyden (12th grade)- “I would want Neil deGrasse Tyson to teach me because not only is he super knowledgeable but he wouldn’t be bland and he’d be able to keep stuff interesting and bearable.”

Jesse Duensing (12th grade)- “I think it would be cool to be taught by Barrack Obama  because he is probably very insightful and it would be cool to learn from his experience and to learn why he did what he did as president and what he was thinking.”

Josh Crocker (11th Grade)- “I would pay a lot of money for Morgan Freeman to deliver our class lectures because his voice would keep me entranced although it might send me to sleep it’s about a fifty fifty chance.”

David Bailer (11th Grade)- “I would want to hire Adam Sandler because his jokes and humor would keep the class interesting but we may not learn anything.”

Personally I would choose to have Bill Gates teach any of my classes because he seems to be a smart person who cares about his impact on the world and that, I feel, is something that something everyone should learn about. For now though, it seems we are stuck with our current line up of teachers for good and bad. Enjoy the rest of your time with your teachers Titans only 41 more days left of school!