An Introduction to Titan Times

Nicholas Dawson, Writer

Hello all of you Titans here in the Tuscarora community, and welcome to the debut of our school’s first official newspaper, the Titan Times!

Our main goal in the Times workroom is not only to inform you all on the latest news, tidbits, and of course upcoming events here on the school grounds; but to also serve a much greater purpose… and that is to thoroughly explore the uniquely distinctive individuals who make up the diverse tapestry that is our Titan Family. But despite these aspirations for our humble little paper here in this vastly complex school, the most central and fundamental hope that we aspire to accomplish with Titan Times is to bring together all of the separate students, teachers, and even outsiders for a stronger and more emphatically involved and engaged community regardless of culture and/or background. By sharing the news and learning more about each other’s ambitions and experiences here within the school community, we can all expand our understanding and appreciation for one another in the hope that we can begin to achieve a more satisfying and openly compassionate school environment.

To achieve this Titan Times must embrace our duty and responsibility as the weekly publication for THS, digging deep into the big picture of our school and the individuals that make up our community. Whether analyzing and reporting the stories in and outside the classroom, exploring the facets of teenage culture’s influence over the learning atmosphere, as well as ultimately the direction Tuscarora and its many students are headed beyond; no stone will be left unturned by the passionate journalists here at the Times, and we hope to provide everyone at Tuscarora a unique and fulfilling perspective of Tuscarora as it is, as it was and as it may one day be.

At Tuscarora High School we truly are one team, one Titan, one family. We believe that each and every student deserves a voice; and here at Titan Times we believe that every voice deserves to be heard.