THS Homecoming King and Queen

Kayla Resnick, Writer

Tuscarora had their homecoming on October 14th, 2017. It was a great night for Sam Campbell and Nate Monroe. The couple won homecoming king and queen.

What were your thoughts on making homecoming court?

Sam: “I was super excited and happy!”

Nate: “It’s always an honor to be on the homecoming court. It means people respect you and think highly of you as a student and person.”

Did you think you would win king and queen?

Sam: “Yes, 100% yes.”

Nate: “Going into homecoming I thought we’d (me and Sam) win. Not because I think highly of myself, but because of what I was being told around me. A lot of people were saying they voted for me and Sam because they loved us together and our individual personalities.”

How did you feel when they announced your name as king and queen?

Sam: “I wanted to cry because I was so happy, but I didn’t because all I could do was hug and kiss him.”

Nate: “When I was announced king and she was announced queen it was a great moment honestly. More for Sam than me because she deserved to be acknowledged as the queen she’s always been. She’s amazing and deserved to have that moment. Me winning king just added more happiness to it.”

Do you wish you could relive that moment when you found out that you won king and queen?

Sam: “Yes, it was like the best moment ever!”

Nate: “Yes and no. Yes because of course it was a great moment, but also no because it’s one of those things you love to look back on and talk about for the rest of your life.”