Prom and Graduation Information for Seniors

Ally Carpel, Senior Editor

PROM

Tuscarora High School’s Junior and Senior Prom will be held on Friday, April 28, located at the Frederick Fairgrounds in the Null Building. The theme for this years prom was voted on by THS students with a winning theme of Mardi Gras! Tickets will be on sale April 7,10,11,12, and 13 for $50 if purchased by a senior and $60 if purchased by a junior. Tickets will also be on sale April 24 and 25 for an increased price of $75. IN order to purchase tickets, a prom contract must be completed by THS students, THS guests, and/or non THS guests.  

SENIORS LAST DAY AND GRADUATION PRACTICES

The next important date for seniors is our last day of school and graduation practices. Seniors last day of high school is May 25, 2017. Seniors MUST attend all MANDATORY graduation practices. Graduation practices are held May 30, 31, and June 1st. Practices are held in the Tuscarora HIgh School Gymnasium from 8:00 a.m.-12 noon.

Practice Guidelines are as followed;

• Students may not bring guests, family members, or friends to practice.
  • NO food or drinks allowed in the gym.
  • All practices contain school rules
  • All seniors are to leave school grounds no later than 15 minutes after practice.

Seniors please be ON TIME. This is expected of all seniors to stay for the entire practice and to be on time. If seniors do not stay for each practice they will not participate in the ceremony. If late to practice, a detention will be given for the amount of time you are late PLUS 30 minutes. Arrive on time to avoid detentions and stay the entire time in order to graduate.

GRADUATION

Each graduating senior participating in the ceremony receives 8 graduation tickets. Tickets will be distributed to seniors the last graduation practice which is June 1st. In order to participate in graduation students must meet all academic requirements, dress according to the dress code, and have no unlawful behavior which led to suspension before or during practice period. Students will be assigned seats and places by height. These assignments may not be changed for any reason.

Date: Friday, June 2, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.

Location: PNC Sports Complex Mount Saint Mary’s University

Dress Code

Boys: Long dark dress pants, dark shoes, dark socks, white shirt, and dark tie

Girls: Appropriate dress no longer than graduation gown and Neutral colored dress shoes

For more information please visit; http://melissawatts.wixsite.com/ths-seniors-2017/grad-practices