Five Easy Ways To Help You Study!

Aubrey Sicat, Editor

With the end of the school year coming around, AP exams and finals are starting to pile one after another. This is an article for future test takers who need some tips and guidelines on how to pass that final!

1. CONCEPT MAPS! Making concept maps is a great way to visualize concepts and stick them into your brain! If you had Mrs. Marcum’s AP Biology class, you know what I mean! Start off with one subject, then branch out concepts of that subject into boxes using little words as possible. Concept maps create a visualize image in your head and helps tremendously on those difficult tests!
  2. PAIRED VERBAL FLUENCY! This is another one of Mrs. Marcum’s great techniques on how to study. Grab a partner, parent,  or pet, and teach them about whatever subject you’re being tested on. When you explain something out loud, you begin to learn what you do and don’t know what to explain. This can help you study areas you need most help on.
  3. DRINK COFFEE AND EAT HEALTHY! On those long crazy nights of studying, you want to keep a drink with you to boost  your energy. Take a break and visit your local Starbucks or coffee shop and treat yourself! Eat fish or salmon while studying or before you take a test. Omega-3s from fish help with brain power!
  4. GET SOME REST! You need plenty of rest the day before taking an exam. Use the day before to relax, and review notes rather than studying all night again. You need rest so you have energy during the test!
  5. MOVE AROUND! During test breaks, take the time to walk down a hallway or around the room until the break is over. Moving around helps the brain relax after concentrating for so long!An A plus is given to a student for great work being achieved.