Partnership for a Healthier America
School Stress
Addison Selby, Creative Writing Submission • June 7, 2024

I can’t even begin to describe how largely school has impacted my life. The place where my dreams are put to the test I’m forced to carry the heavy burden of stress Countless...

Adobe Stock
The Pledge
June 7, 2024
SWNS
When I Was a Kid
June 7, 2024

Percy Jack And The Olympians: A New Show to Watch

Image from Wikipedia
Image from Wikipedia

If you have read the Percy Jackson books or even seen the movies, this show is for you. Percy Jackson and the Olympians produced by John Catron released on December 19, 2023. This show has everything a Percy Jackson fan would love, the scenery is amazing and how they portray Percy as a young demigod. 

The show shows the whole background story of how Percy lived his life as a demigod. *Spoilers for those who never saw the movie*

When Percy kills the Minotaur after it killed his mom, that’s how the show starts. They first started with showing a little background of Percy when he thought he was just a regular middle school student. The show really portrays that Percy was never treated right by his peers, in school he would get bullied frequently but he did have a best friend named “Grover.” Grover was always there for when Percy was bullied and his home life wasn’t any better because his dad was a useless stay at home dad, but his mom did everything for him. One day she took him to a cabin they own so she can finally tell him the truth about his father and about himself. In this scene when she is driving it is raining and there is a storm. When they get to the cabin two minutes into the scene Grover crashes their moment and says there’s a Minotaur out there. So they get in the car again and now they are going to “Olympus” where Percy’s job was to find his dad, but during the drive the Minotaur got to them and got the mom, but she wasn’t killed by the Minotaur, she was taken by Hades. 

That’s all just in the first half of the first episode. It gets even more action packed and exciting throughout the show. I love action shows and this show did not disappoint. It has intriguing moments happening in every scene so it keeps me entertained. 

This show only has three episodes right now, but new episodes are released on Tuesdays at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT on Disney+. 

While new episodes are coming out, the show is just going to get better. From the three episodes that are out, I would give this show a 9/10 and definitely recommend. Percy Jackson and The Olympians: a new show to watch.