Some Parting Thoughts by 2021 Seniors

The graduating class of 2021 back when they were freshmen

Mr. Hartman, Adivser

Hey Titan Seniors….. YOU MADE IT!!!!!!! Woo Hoo! There were many times over the last four years when you probably thought ‘when will this end?!?’ and today you get your answer! Seriously though, congratulations Seniors. You all have endured one of the most difficult senior years in the history of senior years. You have all felt the sting of disappointment and the regret for times and traditions lost, but you have also learned to adapt and you have learned resilience. We here at the Titan Times are so very proud of the graduating class of 2021, thank you all for the memories, for the smiles, and for continuing the legacy of pride we associate with Titan Nation.

Before you all leave, however, we reached out to seniors for some words of wisdom, some recollection of favorite memories, and some thoughts about the year we just had. Below is a list of the comments we received. However, if you would like to add your voice to this article, simply click on the comments below and leave a message for the Tuscarora community.

Advice for underclassmen:

“Don’t wait until the last minute to do your work!” – Brandon Spilis

“Time can go by fast so enjoy the moment” -Mackenzie Doster

“have fun while you can because you’re only a kid once” – Liam Hampton

“enjoy every second, it will be over before you know it” -Lauren Moore

“If you want to try something try it you don’t know if your going to love or hate it until you try it.” – Brenna Snyder

“Take Mr.Costello’s classes if you want to get smarter”Johnny Miller

“Don’t focus on grades too much as an underclassmen, obviously pass your classes but also make new friends and just enjoy your teenage years” -Bilal Aslam

“Make sure to join as many clubs as you can handle. Not only will it look great on your college applications, but it will also allow you to find people with similar interests and make many new friends!” – Maeva Tchouaffe 

“GET INVOLVED. Play a sport, go to games, join a club, etc.” – Shannon Heister

“Get involved. Attend as many pep rallies, football games, and school events as you can because you never know when it will be your last one. High school goes by super fast and participating will be the best thing you can do!” – Olivia Sullivan

“Don’t get lazy. Get your work in on time because if you don’t it’s going to turn into a bad habit” – Vincent Lombardi

“A piece of advice I have for the underclassmen is to get comfortable using planners, agendas, organizers, or calendars to schedule your days, weeks, months because it makes life way easier – especially when there are a lot of events so you don’t miss anything or become overwhelmed” – Richmond Akondo

“Enjoy high school because time truly does fly. Work hard in class because you will find your hard work rewarded in senior year. Also, make sure to have fun and develop relationships with your teachers because that makes everything easier” – Omar Dia

“Participate in spirit weeks. I promise it’s not “cringey” or “embarrassing”, it’s one of the most fun parts of high school and you don’t wanna miss out just because it seems cheesy” – Emma Morton

What have you learned from this last year?

“This year taught me not to take anything for granted” – Julia Slivka

“This year has taught me the importance of persevering through difficult times and making the most out of every day” Alisha Toy

“This year has taught me to stop taking myself so seriously and to let things go that have little to no meaning in my life” – Norah Jorrahi

“Over the past year, I’ve learned how rapidly our lives can change. This year has taught me to look for the positives in every situation, to be grateful for everything I have, and to cherish the little things in life” – Rachel Nichols

“This year taught me how to persevere and adapt” – Travis Hohl

Favorite High School Memory:

“going to  Football Games” -Lauren Moore

“hanging out with friends at softball and football games” -Brenna Snyder

“getting into my dream collage” -Kelly Blahut

“My favorite memory is crowd surfing the student section at our homecoming game” – Andrew Thompson

“Leaving everyday during flex to get taco bell” – Mitchell Markoff