Student of the Week: Kooper Clark

Lydia Kowalski, Freelance Contributor

Kooper Clark, a senior, is the Student of the Week.  He was nominated by Ms. Rosensteel who explained, “Kooper is a wonderful SSL for my English class.  He is always willing to help the students in my class and work with them on a one-on-one basis.  Kooper is incredibly patient with the kids as well and does not mind explaining concepts or directions multiple times until the other students understand.  This class will not be the same without him next semester.” Kooper was also nominated by Mr. Coates who said, “Kooper has gone above and beyond to help the students in our 2nd block English 9 class. He always has a positive attitude and helps some of the more difficult students complete work. We will miss him in our classroom when this term is over.”

According to Kooper his success in school is the result of “the intrinsic motivation because of my aspirations for the future.”  Kooper’s aspirations are to attend the military academy West Point. He is considering a medical field for college, but knows for sure that he wants to serve his country.  Ever since he saw the Navy vs. Army game and heard the announcer explain that everyone playing in the game is willing to die for everyone watching the game, Kooper knew he wanted to serve in the military.  

Kooper keeps busy after school by participating in multiple sports.  He is on the wrestling, football, and unified track teams. When he does have downtime he prefers to fish, golf, or work out.  Kooper lives by his advice to incoming freshmen, “Have fun while you can but balance it well with successful academics. You need to set your priorities straight.”