Spring Sports Preview

Spring Sports Preview

Steven Asare, Sports Writer

The Titans Baseball Team is Coming off a rough 6-12 year. They finished their first season under Coach OB and are heading into their second season optimistic. They have a very similar schedule to last season. Their team has a pretty solid lineup with 6 returning seniors. They have 3 pitchers Ryan Wolf,  Ryan Blaszczak, and Jack VanTassell , Their top 3 hitters are Justin Acal, Gunner Crawford, and Dylan Kephart. They face some tough team in Urbana, Frederick and against T.J last years State Champions. Their first game was against Oakdale Highschool but was postponed due to the rain on Thursday.

The Tuscarora High School lacrosse team is getting their season started with things looking different. They now have a new head coach by the name of Curtis Belcher. He’s Coached at number of places including Clarksburg and Poolesville. In the past he was also a assistant football coach here at Tuscarora. They finished last year with a 8-9 record finishing their season in the 3rd round of playoffs against Linganore. They have a total of 6 returning starters and lost 6 Starters  Varsity goal keeper Liam Collins said “I think more people are going to buy in more people will be committed… I think we have a chance to do better run in the playoffs than we ever have before”.

Boys Track and Field has a Invitational at Urbana Highschool on march 23rd at 9 am. Coach Motter told me about how he feels about his Outdoor team. The team will be getting back Sprinter Aris Hilliard and Michael Timpson two runners who only do outdoor. Coach Motter Said that he plans on having Aris Hilliard, Michael Timpson, Joseph Shell, Jordan Addison and Elijah Palmer all Participate in the 4×100 and find the right combination to get them to states . “If we can keep guys healthy and eligible we can be one of the best in the region”. In the longer distance events the boys will have some familiar faces in Nick Hilderbrandt And Jeff Young who said he plans to “Continue to drop my 800m time and qualify with 4x800m team.” Some of the Boys will be participating in events like High Jump and Triple Jump.

The Girls Track Team is coached by Coach Baab. This is his 13th year Coaching Cross Country and Track. He’s had a lot of success and has a number of runners run track in college. He’s Confident in his team this year especially with the runners that he has returning. Some runners coming back this year are Haley Stephenson, Maliyah Anderson, Aliyah Hopper, Jordan Johnson, Aniya Parker and Dardlie Lefevre who recently committed to run Track and Field at James Madison University. The girls have a lot of strength in their sprinters and could make for a exciting season for them. 

Come out and support your Titans!