Diets To Try in 2019

healthy+food
Back to Article
Back to Article

Diets To Try in 2019

healthy food

healthy food

Getty Images/iStockphoto

healthy food

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Getty Images/iStockphoto

healthy food

Colin Lang, Writer

For many, trying to eat healthier or going on a diet is a popular New Year’s Resolution.  But with many different diets available to try, it can be hard to find one that works for your life.  In this article, I’ll be going over some of the most popular diets right now that you could try on your own.  The first diet we’re going to look at is the ketogenic diet, also known as the “keto” diet. The keto diet focuses on eating a low amount of carbs and a high amount of fats.  By changing your body from burning carbs to burning fats for energy, the body is able to enter a state of ketosis.

The ketogenic diet

Foods that are consumed on this diet include proteins (such as meat and eggs), dairy, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats and oils.  Foods to avoid include bread, sweets, and milk because of the number of carbs in them. The benefits to this diet are that it can increase energy levels, help weight loss, and reduce the risk of heart disease.

The Paleo diet

The second diet we’re going to look at is the Paleo diet.  The focus of this diet is to eat foods that early humans ate because our body was never adapted to consume all the added sugars and artificial preservatives in food today.  On this diet, people focus on eating meats, vegetables, and nuts. Foods with lots of sugars, dairy, potatoes, and processed foods are avoided. Weight loss, an increase in energy, and improved metabolism are all benefits that come with going on this diet.  

Want to hit reset on your body?  With the Whole30 diet, you’re able to give your body a break from foods that can cause inflammation.  This diet is about making sure the food you eat came from the least amount of sources. Many foods are listed to avoid, such as sugar, grains, dairy, preservatives, baked goods, and processed foods.  Meat, fats, fruits, and vegetables are all allowed on this diet. Besides reduced inflammation, balanced hormones, healthy metabolism, and elimination of cravings are all benefits. The most important thing about this diet is that it’s only for 30 days, so it must be followed strictly to work.

The vegan diet

The final diet that we’re going to focus on is a vegan diet.  Going vegan has become a trend in the last few years and it offers many health benefits, such as being rich in nutrients and lowering blood sugar levels.  To be vegan, a person has to eliminate all foods that come from animals. Besides avoiding meat, vegans must also not consume dairy from animals, eggs, and honey.  Thankfully, there are many vegan-friendly options available, like almond milk. There are also restaurants that feature vegan options, some even being completely vegan.  If you want to start eating healthier and focusing on your body, try one of these diets! Many offer benefits that will help you in the long run and will allow you to feel better, both mentally and physically.  You can also search for more diets that aren’t covered in this article that might work better for you. The main point is that if your goal is to be healthy, take the initiative to do it.

Citations: https://www.cooksmarts.com/articles/the-most-popular-diets-defined/