Titans’ Favorite Holiday Movies

Back to Article
Back to Article

Titans’ Favorite Holiday Movies

Hathaikan Hanngon, Writer

Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it is time to start getting excited about the upcoming holidays! One popular activity to do during this time of the year is snuggling up on the couch and watching your favorite holiday movies.  Nothing is better than relaxing on a cold day and reminiscing over your favorite childhood classics. Whether you prefer animated cartoons or live-action movies, you can’t deny that we all share a love for these seasonal films. The beloved classics such as The Polar Express, Home Alone, Elf, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas will always have a special place in our hearts.

Jalen WIlliams

We took a poll on your favorite movies and the top choice was The Polar Express with 61 votes. Jalen Williams expressed that “the story is unique and reminded [him] of a creative dream”. The Polar Express is about a boy who no longer believes in Santa Claus and is taken to the North Pole. He goes through treacherous adventures, but eventually ends up home, where his opinion about the existence of Santa changes. With such a creative story-line, it is no surprise that The Polar Express has been a favorite since its release in 2002. This is the perfect movie to watch with the entire family in order to get into the holiday spirit.

The runner-up movie was Home Alone with a total of 51 votes. This plot is completely different than The Polar Express and includes many comical components. A little boy named Kevin is mistakenly left behind by his family during Christmas vacation. To his surprise, he learns that two burglars are planning to rob his family’s house. He constructs a series of clever traps to secure his house while simultaneously making the audience laugh. This movie was so popular that there are multiple sequels and remakes. This movie never ceases to put a smile on people’s faces, and is a great way to kick off the holidays.

It doesn’t matter whether your favorite movie is The Polar Express or Home Alone. There are a multitude of other options such as How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, A Charlie Brown Christmas, or The Christmas Carol. Regardless of your favorite classic, it is nice to spend some time with your family or friends and enjoy a good movie. It’s starting to get colder, so grab a blanket, some popcorn, and take a break from your stressful day. The happiest time of year is right around the corner, so make the best of it by watching some of our favorite holiday classics!

Citations:

Home alone: https://www.google.com/search?q=home+alone&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS825US825&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdsqKm0vzeAhUh0FkKHT_PDXMQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=626&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=-KlOJHIjcJ21MM:

Home alone summary plot: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099785/plotsummary

Polar express summary plot: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338348/plotsummary

Movie night clipart: https://www.google.com/search?q=movie+night&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS825US825&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJj4Pa0vzeAhWRuVkKHflsAhYQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=626&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=WyiTzUXxXQbREM: