Senior Night Volleyball

Martin Cevallos, Freelance Contributor

It was senior night at Tuscarora, on Oct. 18th, and the seniors took the spotlight and stole the show. Lauren Beall, Rebecca Jacobs, Devyn Jacobson, Kirsten Snyder, Maggie Tumy and Molly Weaver represented Tuscarora as they played  Brunswick in volleyball. The titan’s won at score of 25-22, 25-21, 25-19 for the titans. The seniors playing-non stop for all three sets. Amazing athleticism was shown by Kirsten Snyder who had 10 kills, 18 attempts and 7 digs. The titans had outstanding defense by Rebecca Jacobson who had 5 aces, 1 kill, 5 attempts, 3 digs and 1 block and  Lauren Beall who had 5 aces, 4 kills, 15 attempts, 1 assist, 11 digs, 1 block. Molly Weaver with an amazing 2 aces,8 kills,12 attempts,2 assists, 10 digs and 1 block controlled the plays alongside the assist master Maggie Tumy who finished with 2 aces, 3 attempts and 23 Assists and 2 digs. Devyn Jacobson caped the night off with 3 aces, 5 kills, 11 attempts and 5 digs.

The team had incredible chemistry and clearly loved playing together as a unit because of their laughter after a good point and the motivation for each other as well. It was all high fives and smiles for the team last night. Maggie Tumy reflected on her personal experience on team, the game, and the night as a whole:

My favorite part of my playing tonight was trying to keep my attitude up, and just trying my best to put it all on the court. I think I was able to achieve that tonight, and I am very satisfied with my playing tonight.Tonight was just amazing. My favorite part was just being able to play the sport that I love with the people that I love. These girls have made this season one that I will always remember, and this night is one that I will always remember. Just making the memories and being able to play was my favorite part.My favorite thing about high school volleyball was being able to make new friendships that will last a long time. I loved getting to know all of my teammates and getting to share all of the sweet memories together. I will definitely miss playing next year, but I hope to be back to watch my girls kill it next season”

Devyn Jacobson had this to say on the same topics, “My favorite part about high school is my team. I got the privilege to be one of their captains this year and I could not be more proud to watch them grow as a unit and become a genuine team on and off the court. I feel very happy about tonight’s game, it was a different lineup than we were all used to, but we had a lot of fun and kept our competitive spirit. my favorite part about tonight was the fact that all the seniors, including myself, were able to play in positions that most of us don’t usually practice, so it was entertaining to see how everything turned out.” The titans played amazing and had a good time doing it. Catch this team next time here at Tuscarora against Williamsport this upcoming Thursday.