Tuscarora Sports Spotlight of the week!

Tuscarora Sports Spotlight of the week!

Steven Asare, Sports Writer

This week we will be looking at the Titans Volleyball team. The Team is currently at a record of (7-1). Last year they had a record of (5-4) and made it to the third round of the playoffs where they suffered a 3-0 defeat to Westminster. Senior captain Devyn Jacobson said “there is more skill to work with” regarding this year’s team. The Titans have been off to a incredibly strong start their only loss is to Urbana. They also beat North Hagerstown a team that hadn’t let up a single set all season, the score of the game was 3-1. Currently Tuscarora is projected to be the third seed in the playoffs above North Hagerstown.

Sophomore Julia Slivka is one of the titans key players , this is her second year on varsity and she made first team all-county in her freshman year. She had about 200 kills and she too believes that the Titans have “more skill to work with (this year)”. The Titans are in position to make a deep playoff run from a high seed especially if they stay on their present course “we’re  going to states” said Devyn Jacobson.

The Titans faced the Thomas Johnson Patriots this week in their “Dig Pink” game. The Patriots who were (6-1) this year heading into this game. Their one loss is also to Urbana so the Titans had what seemed to be a even match-up. Despite the closeness the Titans won 3-0 and added to their win column. As for the rest of their season they face have some opponents who might give Our Titans a fight, but they are ready for the challenges ahead and they are riding high on momentum. Go Titans!