Titans Football Match-up

Steven Asare, Writer

Friday September 21st Titans football faces up against the (1-2) Poly Engineers. The Titans are fresh off a 33-23 victory over Middletown, the Engineers are coming off two tough 30+ point losses with one of them being against Middletown. The last time the Titans and the Engineers met up it ended in a 32-30 stunner with the Engineers scoring a last second game winning touchdown.

The Titans are looking to rid themselves of the bitter taste left from last year and are set to do it with freshman quarterback Bryan Jester, who threw his first career passing touchdown last week. The Titans also will look for production from senior running back Aris Hilliard who has rushed for 210 yards, scored three touchdowns, and also had an interception. The Titans defense is led by senior Linebacker Stefan Hackshaw who had 3 solo tackles and a forced fumble.

The Engineers will be looking for a win after a two game losing streak. Their team is fairly run based but that could have to do with the recent weather. Their quarterback is senior Mervyn Thomas-Crawford who completed 0-10 passes and threw 3 interceptions but rushed for 41 yards in their game against Middletown. The Engineers run game is led by fullback Kamani Larmouth who leads the team with 113 yards. Their Defense has been off to a rough start allowing 30+ in back to back games.

Hopefully the weather will allow for a nice Friday night game unlike the last three weeks where Maryland has been under a wave of persistent rainfall causing delays and taking away the passing game. Go Titans!