The Library Reorganizes!

Hannah Mueller, Senior Editor

The Titan Library is going under some big reorganization, so prepare for the changes! In comparison to its usual way of organization, the library will begin to be organized by genres rather than numerical and alphabetical overall.

This way, if you’re in the mood for some science fiction or adventure, you can simply go to that area and browse to your heart’s content! It also makes finding other authors in your favorite genre a lot easier as you can simply go in that section and pick a book that seems interesting. As an avid reader myself, I love picking up random books and checking out new authors, seeing how their writing style differs from a favorite author of mine who also writes for the same genre.

With organizing by genre rather than alphabetical, it allows for this form of exploration and also just makes finding the book you’re looking for a lot easier. While there won’t be any big changes in the layout of the library, the books will really move around. Reorganization hasn’t started yet and they’re still in the process of figuring out where each genre will go, but when it’s finally done, it will be a wonderful change to the library!