THS Choir and Band Christmas Concert

Jesse Duensing, Editor

Hello, Titans!

We’re back again this week with coverage on the events that transpired last night in the THS auditorium. This past Wednesday, December 20th, the THS Mixed Choir, Show Choir and Winter Band performed their annual Christmas Concert. With their fabulous conductors, Mr. Moore and Mr. Karos leading them, the groups had a marvelous show.

The Show Choir performed a portion of their adjudication show – Waka Waka and Living in America. The Mixed Choir performed Gloria Fanfare, Kyrie Eleison and The Power And The Glory. The two Chorus groups then combined to perform the pieces Ubi Caritas, Let There Be Music and Old Time Religion with soloists Kiana Walker and Amy Cajigas.

After the performance of the Chorus groups, the band then took the stage and performed their pieces for the night. Precession Of The Nobles was their first piece. It was then followed by Shenandoah, Dedicatory Overture, Greensleeves and a timeless classic Sleigh Ride. Many of the audience members even joined in by doing a small jig in their seats during the last piece.

The Concert was absolutely wonderful. It filled the halls of THS with joy and spirit as the sounds of holiday cheer rang loud for all to hear. Students who auditioned and were accepted into the All-County and All-State ensembles were honored as well as the section leaders who put forth a considerable amount of time and effort to ensure their section is performing to the best of their ability.

For more coverage on stories like this, come back next week. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, everyone!